Cold war military aircraft
Lockheed T-33 A
The Lockheed T-33A is a two-seater jet trainer for military pilots.
The T-33 is an updated version of the Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star, the first American fighter jet.
The German air force took delivery of 192 of the Lockheed trainers between 1956 and 1959. The T-33 did not remain long in service as a training jet because of the rapid development of jet aircraft and the purchase of the Lockheed F-104G Starfighter as the standard fighter plane for the West German air force.
The exhibited plane flew with the Aufklärungsgeschwader 51 (Reconnaissance Squadron 51) and Jagdbombergeschwader 34 (Fighter Bomber Squadron 34). It was turned over to the museum in 1974 and restored by the training workshop of the Luftwaffenversorgungsregiment 1 (Air Force Supply Regiment 1) in Erding, Germany.