Sud Aviation S.E.3130 Alouette II
The French Alouette II (Lark) was the first mass-produced helicopters with a turboshaft engine.
The Alouette II was a major technological and commercial success for the French state-owned manufacturer. Despite its very basic navigation equipment and avionics, it proved to be extremely reliable and, with its new engine, set performance records in the 1950s and is an early example of a turbine-powered helicopter.
The helicopter exhibited in the Flugwerft was in service with the Bundeswehr. From 1961 until 1967 it was deployed to the Heeresflieger transport and medical squadron in Niedermendig. When the squadron was disbanded in 1967 it was used by the army aviation school in Bückeburg until 1983.
- Manufacturer: Société Nationale de Constructions Aéronautiques du Sud-Est/Frankreich, 1961
- Rotor diameter: 10.2 m
- Take-off weight: 1590 kg
- Maximum speed: 170 km/h
- Range: 520 km
- Power plant: Turbomeca Artouste IIC6 turboshaft engine
- Power rating: 300 kW